Analysing all written communication and designing a system that provides the right information to customers, every time
Successfully migrating 1,500 letter templates to the new digital platform
Enabling customers to sign up and explore their account online, whenever they want and wherever they are
Our client, an Irish retail bank, had been relying on a number of outdated platforms to communicate with customers, including physical letters. Not only did this make their customer communication management (CCM) systems inefficient, time consuming and prone to error, but most importantly they didn’t align with the bank’s digital transformation goals.
The client asked us to provide a team of Technology Pioneers – our expert junior tech consultants – to develop and implement a digital CCM system that supported this transformation and the bank’s new 24-hour online application capabilities. This included building a tool that could run ID and address reports, pull together all the relevant documents and then email the customer exactly what they needed to open and start exploring a new account, at any time of day.
Our Pioneers started on the big job of analysing every letter and document that went to customers to understand what information was relevant to who and when. This was crucial in building an intelligent tool that could accurately respond to each individual customer, creating a smoother application journey and a more satisfying experience overall.
This process also revealed how the client could make letters and documents more efficient. Highlighting where they could be standardised, shortened, or streamlined and which ones some customers didn’t need to see at all.
Throughout our work, we recorded each step of the process and how each document was categorised, creating a valuable knowledge bank to guide the continuing development of the bank’s CCM system.
The CCM system that we designed was one of the first aspects of the bank’s digital transformations to go live and quickly chalked up some impressive results, including:
- Reduced reliance on third-party systems, bringing down costs and giving our client clearer oversight and control of its communications.
- 1,500 documents, 90% of the total, have been migrated to the new system.
- 100% of document releases have been successful, reaching the right people at the right moment.
- The launch of a reporting and validation scheme to make sure the system is working effectively.
- The ability to retain all the intellectual property generated by our Technology Pioneers by moving them into full-time positions at the end of the project, free of charge.
These numbers show the success of the implementation. But the most important factor is our client’s customers, who can now open and manage an account from the comfort of their home.