Associate - Analytics and Reporting
|Job Title:||Associate - Analytics and Reporting|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £60,000 + bonus + bens|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2017 18:32|
There are Finance teams dedicated to each of the Bank’s core banking divisions, as well as Group Tax, Group Finance, Treasury and Investor Relations. Together, we oversee all financial details globally.
Join us and you’ll be able to add real value as a business partner. Of course, we provide accurate and timely financial information. We also provide high-quality advice and analysis to our businesses and infrastructure functions, measuring and analyzing performance and identifying areas to drive innovative change. This is a strategic group, where we look to control costs, limit risk and strengthen our decision-making process.
Overview of the team:
The Global Valuation Group (GVG) Analytics and Reporting team is comprised of various grade levels that are accountable for:
Fair Valuation Reporting – concerns the consolidated flash and actual reporting of Fair Valuation Independent Pricing Verification (IPV) results on behalf of Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) and Non-Core globally.
Ensuring control, appropriate governance and effective reporting of these results to senior GVG management, oversight functions and oversight committees for review and escalation where appropriate.
Valuation Uncertainty Issues – concerns the risk based summary of issues impacting fair valuations, formulated as a result of ongoing analysis of our Fair Valuation results and consideration of issues raised by internal and external oversight bodies and committees. The objective is to facilitate the effective prioritisation of resources to key valuation issues that resolve the root cause of the problem and further enhance transparency over valuation adjustments.
Valuation Control Oversight Governance and Reporting – ensuring the oversight governance framework is appropriate, effectively coordinated and driven forward in line with the increasing complexity of our business. Engagement with the Global Valuations Oversight function, Internal Audit, External Audit, Regulators and Senior CIB Finance Management to enable the review and sign off on consolidated Valuation Results and transparency to the Valuation Uncertainty Issues that impact our results.
Fair Valuation Reporting:
- The analysis of consolidated valuation results trends and concentrations, with a focus on both Verified and illiquid inventory portions of the balance sheet
- Full ownership of the Valuation Control Reporting (VCR) database. Including oversight and tactical evolvement as business requirements change
- Regular contact and communication with GVG IPV, VRC, and Methodology, determine the key drivers of Valuation Uncertainty. Coupled with detailed review of the results published to support determination of new Valuation Uncertainty Issues
- Trend analysis to support GVG across a number of high risk initiatives (stale marks, Illiquid Inventory, Tolerances, Parameter completeness)
- Flash and Monthly Reporting of Fair Valuation Results for all asset classes
- Change the Bank (CTB) related projects - Perform business analysis of VCR to determine tactical changes that are required to enable more effective and efficient Fair Valuation Reporting
- Perform business analysis on behalf of the team, and provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support in determining strategic requirements to enable more effective and efficient Fair Valuation Reporting
- Regular contact with counterparts in Mumbai, New York and Singapore. This may involve training on new processes to ensure governance and best practices are globally aligned
- Global Management Consulting (GMC) and Legal entity level reporting, adhering to new regulatory requirements#
Valuation Uncertainty Issues:
- Helping with supporting GVG CTB and Run the Bank (RTB) in determining appropriate action plans and mitigating next steps to address issues impacting Fair Valuation across ‘the single view’
Committee level Governance and Reporting:
- Presentation of Fair Valuation Results, and Valuation Uncertainty Issues for senior Finance and Front Office (FO) Management
- Ensuring a clear and consistent Governance framework across GVG for example through the control of variances through tolerance limits
- Everyone in the team is tasked with minimum two projects; (i) a learning project focusing on enhancing product knowledge and (ii) wider reaching projects that will focus on change/improvement (these can be product or process related)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Take ownership and drive initiatives forward to achieve goals in challenging and time constrained circumstances
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to effectively articulate issues, risks and project progress
- Understanding and considered appreciation of how decisions and issues impact the front to back architecture, related departments and operational risk levels
- To interact and work effectively with GVG management and key stakeholders
- Formal project management
- Product Control or Valuation Control experience
- Achievement & Performance Focus
- Business Judgment & Acumen
- Business & Cultural Awareness
- Team Work and Relationship Management Focus
- Finance or Accountancy related degree
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong PC skills
- Excel competency is a must
- Strong written and oral communication skill
- Experience of working in large financial institutions
- Experience in project management
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's