AVP Internal Audit Manager - Anti-Financial Crime
|Job Title:||AVP Internal Audit Manager - Anti-Financial Crime|
|Contact Name:||Daanesh Iqbal|
|Job Published:||July 07, 2017 11:49|
I am looking to recruit an AVP Internal Audit Manager for a top tier investment bank who is looking to expand their Anti-Financial Crime team. They are looking for a very strong AVP who is ready for a new challenge.
In the role of Auditor you’ll be reporting to the Principal Audit Manager (PAM) who is responsible for Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) United Kingdom (UK), who in turn reports to the Chief Auditor (CA) AFC. You will focus on assisting the PAM in the development of a risk-based holistic coverage of Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Anti-Fraud processes including the execution of Know your Client (KYC) coverage on a risk focused basis.
You will work with management and staff within the AFC / Chief Operating Office (COO) / Business area’s to support delivery of audits owned by the AFC audit team. You will also support colleagues within other audit teams with coverage of AML / KYC related areas as part of front to back audit reviews in a subject matter expert (SME) capacity.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to AFC risks in accordance with Group Audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework
- Conducting an AFC risk assessment for the UK region and contributing to risk assessment / business monitoring conducted at the country level by Country Heads and Divisional Auditors
- Undertaking audit assignments, drafting audit issues for review by Audit management, facilitating issue tracking and validating closure of issues. Participating in meetings with Business Auditors and providing input business lead audits
- Pro-actively developing and maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas and working in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally
- When required assisting in training other Group Audit (GA) staff on AFC and overseeing the execution of the AFC audit program
- Completing all work assigned on a timely basis, including ad-hoc projects and special investigations
- Developing and maintaining broad regulatory experience. Keeping current on business and industry changes and their effect on the audit plan / approach and risk assessments
- Travel will be required to conduct reviews in the non-hub locations
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong experience within Financial Services in an AML / Compliance / KYC function or other relevant roles
- Internal audit and / or practical experience within the Financial Services industry covering Anti-Financial Crime topics (e.g., AML / KYC, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Anti-Fraud)
- Thorough understanding of the Banking risk and control environment, regulatory changes and in depth knowledge of the regulatory environment specific to AFC
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level (or equivalent qualification / work experience) and holds a relevant professional qualification
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's