Internal Audit VP
|Job Title:||Internal Audit VP|
|Salary:||£110,000 - £120,000|
|Contact Name:||Emir Allen|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2017 15:06|
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks involved in the relevant areas in accordance with Group Audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
- Support implementation of the Group Audit risk-based methodology including; performing coverage of automated business processes and the respective technology environment and supporting structured ongoing risk assessment via continuous audit assessment.
- Lead and successfully deliver fieldwork for technology audits, or participate in integrated business and technology audits.
- Generate impactful issues and draft audit reports for review by Group Audit management with minimal intervention and to facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues.
- Complete all work assigned promptly and in line with Group Audit methodology.
- Be proactive and develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas.
- Work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
- Whilst the majority of the audit work is based in the UK, the team is also responsible for audit coverage across EMEA and occasionally to assist audit work in certain overseas locations. Some travel may therefore be required.
You will have:
- Experience of auditing IT General Controls.
- Knowledge of Global Markets processing, with demonstrable experience of IT auditing in an Investment Banking context (e.g. audits of automated business controls).
- Experience of auditing IT applications supporting trading and the trade processing lifecycle. Relevant instruments, products and markets could include; Equities, Interest Rate products, Credit products, Commodities, Futures and Foreign Exchange products, Emerging Markets, or Electronic Trading (Algorithmic/High Frequency Trading).
- Experience of risk-based auditing and a clear understanding of the relationship between IT risk and underlying business risk.
- Experience of the local and regional regulatory environment.
- An innovative mindset and be able to develop ideas which are implemented and have a positive impact.
You will be:
- A self starter who is able to interact effectively at all levels within the Bank.
- A natural role model and be a reference point for your peer group.
- Able to multi-task assignments and prioritise workload, deliver to deadlines with limited supervision and be resilient under pressure.
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within Group Audit and with clients.
- Equipped with strong organisational skills to take ownership of agreed targets to enable efficient completion of audit projects.