Internal Auditor, Ops Risk, AVP
|Job Title:||Internal Auditor, Ops Risk, AVP|
|Salary:||80000 + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||March 22, 2018 10:53|
I am looking to recruit an AVP Internal Audit Manager for a top tier investment bank who is looking to expand their Operational Risk team. They are looking for a very strong AVP who is ready for a new challenge.
The ideal candidate will be highly experienced Auditor and will have well around knowledge of risk.
You will be joining the Operational Risk Internal Audit team, which is part of the Non-Financial Risk (NFR) and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team within Group Audit (GA). The Operational Risk team is responsible for developing to the highest industry standards a risk-based and global audit plan covering design and implementation of the NFR Target Operating Model (TOM), the broader Operational Risk Management (ORM) framework and new product / transaction approval and ongoing life-cycle management.
The team is also responsible for execution of the horizontal reviews on these topics as well as for tracking of sufficiency of coverage of these topics across business aligned reviews as per the designed global coverage model. You will have a key role to play to act as a trusted partner and support the ORM function in their on-going framework transformation.
- Executing day-to-day operational audit work and contributing to the delivery of audits (including risk assessment profiles and business monitoring)
- Planning audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifying risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attending meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required
- Drafting high quality audit reports for review by Management, facilitating issue tracking, validating the closure of issues and approving closure of important issues
- Executing audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting activity flows, identifying key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards
- Reviewing and providing expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans
- Completing all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad-hoc projects and special investigations
- Acting as a competent partner and challenger to clients in the closure process of findings
- Communicating openly with divisional management and internal stakeholders
- Presenting complex and sensitive messages (such as audit issues) comprehensively, professionally and reducing complex topics to simple statements
- Participating in exit meetings as required
- Proactively keeping abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's