AVP Internal Audit Manager - Treasury
|Job Title:||AVP Internal Audit Manager - Treasury|
|Contact Name:||Daanesh Iqbal|
|Job Published:||July 07, 2017 11:25|
I am looking to recruit an AVP Internal Audit Manager for a top tier investment bank who is looking to expand their Treasury Finance team. They are looking for a very strong AVP who is ready for a new challenge.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is a highly experienced Auditor with a good knowledge of the treasury risk space.
You’ll be joining the Finance-Treasury audit team which is responsible for the timely delivery of high quality, value added audit reports for a portfolio of Treasury activities, which meet the requirements of the Bank's Board and of Bank’s respective regulators, globally.
My client’s Treasury function is a component of the company’s Finance organisation. Treasury is tasked with providing an independent set of controls over the liquidity, capital and interest rate in the banking book. Strong management of these risks is vital for the long term viability of the bank and is a key focus of Regulators in all countries.
- Executing day-to-day operational audit work and contributing to the delivery of audits related to liquidity risk, capital management, funds transfer pricing (including risk assessment profiles and business monitoring)
- Planning audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifying risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attending meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required
- Drafting high quality audit reports for review by audit management, facilitating issue tracking, validating the closure of issues and approving closure of important issues
- Executing audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Activity Flows, identification of key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards
- Reviewing and providing expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans
- Completing all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad-hoc projects and special investigations
- Acting as a competent partner and challenger to clients in the closure process of findings
- Communicating openly with divisional management and internal stakeholders
- Presenting complex and sensitive messages (such as audit issues) comprehensively, professionally and reducing complex topics to simple statements
- Participating in exit meetings as required
- Pro-actively keeping abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices
- Contributing to the development of audit processes improvements
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's