MRM - BA - VAR
|Job Title:||MRM - BA - VAR|
|Salary:||£500 - £700 per day|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2017 19:06|
The Market Risk Management department (MRM) is part of the Legal, Risk & Capital function and is independent of the trading businesses.
The Change Management function reports to the Chief Operating Officer of MRM, and is responsible for initiating, driving and implementing change related programmes across all functions affecting market risk. This includes strategic change projects, process improvements on MRM’s risk management framework (VaR, Economic Capital, Stress Testing, and sensitivities) as well as managing the requirements definition and implementation of major regulatory projects (e.g. EU Capital Requirements Directives), and other cross-divisional projects where MRM is a stakeholder.
Working within MRM’s Change Management Team means working in an extremely dynamic and exciting environment. The team in general is responsible for high-profile projects with direct senior management exposure.
- Business analysis for key deliverables across the department. This may relate to process improvements, system architecture implementation, control/audit remediation planning and implementation, and various ad-hoc projects which will arise as top priority for Management.
- Involvement in and support for the analysis and documentation of requirements for key global strategic projects across MRM (e.g. VaR, Stress Testing, Economic Capital, etc.).
- Involvement in major regulatory initiatives covering various areas of the Front-to-Back process.
- The role may also entail taking over responsibility for the execution and delivery of work packages and workstreams of these projects.
- Ensure engagement and coordination of functional requirements across MRM (risk managers, quantitative model review group, methodology group etc) and other key partners of MRM (Front Office, IT, Operations, Finance etc).
- Support the user testing and project roll out for MRM users as required.
- Communicate project status update to management and stakeholders and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Use of standard project management tools and techniques to maintain visibility and on-time delivery projects
- Preparation of briefing documents as needed for discussions with/presentations to senior stakeholders
- Represent the MRM function in programme initiatives as necessary
- Previous experience in a market risk management, risk reporting function or financial services consulting function.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of risk management techniques (VaR, Stress Testing, Greeks)
- Proven track record of business analysis and documentation.
- Strong problem identification skills coupled with an analytical approach to proposing solutions
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team and liaise effectively at all levels of the business
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's