Rates IPV - Valuation Controller
|Job Title:||Rates IPV - Valuation Controller|
|Salary:||£65000 - £85000|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2017 18:36|
This role is within Global Valuation Group (GVG) which is a specialist function rolling up to Finance and responsible for all valuation control issues. The specific role is within the Rates Valuation Control team in London.
- Perform New Trade Review of the European Rates portfolios, including analysis on the day one profit & loss (P&L).
- Provide an independent valuation judgment in the New Product Approval (NPA) and New Trade Approval (NTA) Processes.
- Perform Independent Price Verification (IPV) of the hybrid products within the European Rates portfolios.
- Prudent Valuation – perform calculations and work with the GVG Models and Methodology team to streamline the processes.
- Provide GVG input and analysis to IFRS13 Fair Value Measurement quarterly disclosure processes.
- Oversight of the reserving, including the calculation of independent Fair Value Adjustments by team members in the Mumbai Finance Centre.
- Project work including input into design of new independent valuation processes and detailed reviews of key elements of Rates portfolios.
- Focus on performing and improving key Valuation Control reporting requirements with the wider team.
- Discuss with the United States and Asia counterparts to ensure policies and procedures are globally consistent.
You will have:
- Strong understanding of the valuation of Interest Rate products.
- Good analytical and modelling skills to support a valuation judgment.
- Motivation to change and improve existing processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly the drivers behind risk and valuation trends.
- Confidence to constructively engage traders on valuation control results and methods.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Good time-management skills.
- Previous experience of project management an advantage.
- Previous experience of Valuation Control reporting and Prudent Valuation calculations an advantage.
You will be:
- Able to liaise and communicate clearly within Finance with the Business.
- A team player, with a positive and flexible attitude.
- Detail-focused demonstrating a high level of attention to detail.
- Motivated, with a strong sense of personal ownership and the ability to resolve issues independently.
- Interested in increasing product knowledge.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's