Valuation Methodology Specialist
|Job Title:||Valuation Methodology Specialist|
|Salary:||£85000 - £125000 + bonus +bens|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2017 18:22|
Finance is responsible for ensuring that the financial and regulatory reporting is materially accurate and consistent with appropriate policies, accounting and regulatory standards.
Global Markets Finance provides insight, analysis and challenge to the business for the Global Markets areas. This includes Fixed Income, Currencies, Credit Trading, Listed Derivatives and Clearing, Equities, Emerging Markets Trading, Prime Finance and Structuring.
GVG (Global Valuation Group) is a centralised function of over 250+ professionals within Finance responsible for the independent valuation of fair value balance sheet positions for the group.
As part of the firm’s Valuation Control process, GVG acts as a specialised function to ensure that the trading portfolios are independently priced at fair value. In addition, GVG acts as subject matter expert and internal advisor to other Finance teams on Valuation-related topics, providing independent supporting analysis. The staffing of the group is drawn from a wide range of backgrounds including risk management, sales and trading, academia, and accounting/product control.
GVG has a global footprint and is structured as a number of asset class-aligned teams and those aligned to macro valuation topics. The team acts as a global centre of excellence on valuation issues across the full suite of products traded by the Bank in the various locations.
The function is regularly engaged in meetings with the Front Office Trading and Quantitative Analytics, as well as other control and Finance teams, Market Risk, Model Validation to discuss and prioritise issues. Therefore the candidate must be able to communicate concepts both verbally and via documentation, to accountants, traders, quants and risk managers, and be able to defend or challenge their validity. This requires the ability to translate complex quantitative problems in simple terms for other less quantitative members of the business.
The team is responsible for Independent Model Control across the Global Markets portfolio.
- Wide ranging valuation Methodology related issues, including; devising, maintaining and innovating valuation techniques for a wide range of exotic products
- Perform Model Limitation and Methodology reviews
- Ownership of valuation methods and policies to ensure fair value principles are appropriately enacted
- Provide and present regular reports and ad-hoc analysis to Senior GVG, Finance, and Desk Management
- Working with teams across US and Asia, and colleagues in the Mumbai Finance Centre to ensure global consistency
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree standard education
- ACA / ACCA / CFA (part-) qualified or similar academic experience is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of financial instrument valuation and risks measurement in a complex product area. In addition, working knowledge of derivatives pricing models and analytic libraries is useful
- A deep understanding of valuation principles, products, markets and models
- Relevant experience in a specific or multiple asset classes such as: credit, rates, options, equity exotics
- Experience of working in a markets investment banking environment either in a quantitative, valuation, risk management capacity
- Good understanding of Asset/Derivative Valuation Models—should be able to understand their workings intuitively and be able to communicate with quants on Model related issues
- Experience of producing detailed analysis to demanding deadlines and clearly communicating the result to Key Stakeholders including senior management, wider Finance team, Front Office, Risk, Auditors and Regulators
- You will also be a self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic team player. You should have an enquiring mind and an analytical, yet practical, mindset in addressing and resolving issues.
- Good organisational and communication skills are essential, as is an ability to see the big picture and take pragmatic decisions
- You should also demonstrate that your approach is consistent with the firm’s Values and Beliefs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's