VP - Head of Valuation Risk Control
|Job Title:||VP - Head of Valuation Risk Control|
|Salary:||£120000 +bonus + bens|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2017 18:34|
GVG (Global Valuation Group) is a centralised function of over 200 professionals within Group Finance responsible for the independent valuation of all fair valued balance sheet positions. The staffing of the group is drawn from a wide range of backgrounds including risk management, sales and trading, academia, and rating agencies.
GVG operates as a centre of excellence on valuations and reserving, with teams based in London, Mumbai, New York, and Singapore.
The Valuation Risk Control (VRC) team is responsible within GVG for additional valuation controls on the Level 3 inventory (i.e. the assets for which there is limited market pricing information) within the Bank's trading portfolios.
Overview of the team:
The VRC team focus is to perform “deep dive” valuation reviews on the Bank’s global illiquid inventory positions.
The reviews including analysis of the transaction structure, modeling approach adopted, available market data for positions and any proxies considered appropriate, applicable reserves/valuation adjustments and any other relevant consideration (business, regulatory, capital, legal and/or accounting).
The candidate will be expected to autonomously analyse complex trades across various asset classes (with a particular focus on credit / structured finance trades), liaising with key stakeholders at Director / Managing Director level, drafting high quality valuation reports and effectively and clearly communicating complex valuation issues to senior management across the bank.
- Autonomously analyse complex trades across various asset classes (with a particular focus on credit / structured finance trades)
- Liaise with key stakeholders at Director /Managing Director level
- Draft high quality valuation reports
- Effectively and clearly communicating complex valuation issues to senior management across the bank
Skills and Qualifications:
- Detailed knowledge of cash, structured finance and derivative valuation and risk measurement in a complex product area. Good knowledge of key derivative modelling an advantage
- Experience of working in a markets investment banking environment either in a finance valuation or trading/structuring capacity
- Experience of project management and for producing detailed analysis to demanding deadlines and clearly communicating the result to senior management
- Effective and succinct writing communication of complex analytical problems and solutions
- Team player, with a positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Personal drive
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's