VP - IPV Analytics and Reporting
|Job Title:||VP - IPV Analytics and Reporting|
|Salary:||£100000 - £140000|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2017 18:28|
Global Valuation Group (GVG) is a centralised function of over 200 professionals within Finance, responsible for independent price verification of all trading assets and liabilities across Global Markets, Non-Core Operations Unit, and a recently expanded remit across other divisions (including Corporate Investment Banking (CIB), Treasury, Private, Wealth & Commercial Clients (PW&CC)).
GVG consists of business aligned Independent Price Verification (IPV) teams; Methodology, Analytics & Reporting and Valuation Risk Control. GVG operates as a centre of excellence on valuations and reserving, with teams based in London, Mumbai, New York, and Singapore. This specific role is within the GVG Analytics & Reporting team in London.
This new role has specific responsibilities for the expansion of Global Valuations to assume responsibilities for other divisions previously outside of remit, and also includes central governance and control responsibilities around the untested population.
The wider remit of the GVG Analytics & Reporting team encompasses:
- The consolidated reporting and analysis of flash and actual Fair Value IPV results on behalf of Global Markets, Non-Core Operation Unit and other business divisions globally. Ensuring control, appropriate governance and effective reporting of these results to senior GVG management, oversight functions and Oversight committees for review and escalation where appropriate
- Valuation Control Oversight Governance - ensuring the oversight governance framework is appropriate, effectively coordinated and driven forward
- Engagement with Internal Audit, External Audit, Regulators and Senior Global Markets Finance Management to enable the review and sign off on consolidated Valuation Results and transparency to the Valuation Uncertainty Issues that impact our results
- Coordinate the successful expansion of GVG to assume responsibilities for other divisions (including Treasury, CIB, and PW&CC).
- Deliver on inclusion of new businesses into the full governance structures e.g. additional Global Valuation Committees (GVCs) and ensure ongoing adherence to same.
- Ensuring a well-functioning governance and control framework around holistic Untested population
- Manage relationships with all key stakeholders re Untested population
- Ensuring adherence to Untested reduction plans across global businesses
- Provide regular reports as well as ad-hoc analysis to Finance, Senior GVG and Desk Management
- Report directly to the Head of GVG Analytics & Reporting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree standard education
- ACA / ACCA / CFA (part-) qualified or similar academic experience is desirable
- Highly numerate, professional, thorough and proactive, seeking to drive processes forward and to continually add value
- Able to develop strong working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of valuation control processes and relevant governance
- Experience in project managing deliverables over the long term
- Experience of producing detailed analysis to demanding deadlines and clearly communicating the result to Key Stakeholders including senior management, wider Finance team, Front Office, Risk, Auditors and Regulators
- You should have an enquiring mind and an analytical, yet practical, mindset in addressing and resolving issues
- Good organisational and communication skills are essential, as is an ability to see the big picture and take pragmatic decisions
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's