VP - Risk & Control Assessment Framework Manager
|Job Title:||VP - Risk & Control Assessment Framework Manager|
|Salary:||£85000 - £120000 + bonus +bens|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2017 18:50|
This role is for an experienced operational risk professional to join the Group ORM team in London reporting to the Head of R&CA Framework. They will have with a deep knowledge of Risk & Control Assessment (R&CA) within a mature Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) in a tier 1 global bank.
This role will appeal to someone who seeks to make an impact by applying their knowledge and experience to the R&CA Framework design and implementation support to help strengthen the Bank’s Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF), system and practices to enable risk based decision-making across 1stLine of Defense and enhance 2nd Line of Defense risk governance and control assurance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for transitioning, enhancing and embedding a new R&CA Framework from 3LoD Project into Group ORM and R&CA System requirements, within an ambitious timeframe, and ensure R&CA complies with the regulatory expectations and industry leading practice.
As the new R&CA Framework is embedded into the Bank as a ‘run-the-bank’ process, this role will focus upon integration with related ORMF components. Specifically Risk Appetite, Risk Acceptance, Self-identified Issues, Risk Reporting, Risk Governance and Capital Model.
- Mange and develop the Group ORM R&CA team, circa 6 R&CA Analyst / AVPs.
- Manage the transition, enhancement, syndication, approval, integration and embedding of R&CA framework from 3 Lines of Defense Program into ORM Framework and RtB operating model.
- Determine priorities and manage resources to deliver enhancements in accordance with timeline for functional releases of R&CA System.
- Ensure a detailed workplan is developed and timeframes are delivered against.
- Ensure the R&CA framework, including process, policy and procedure, is developed to a mature standard which meets Regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Enabling and monitoring R&CA implementation through engaging, influencing and training Divisional and Infrastructure Control Officers and their ORM teams.
- Represent Group ORM to DB Regulators and industry bodies on the topic of R&CA framework as required.
- Establish R&CA Centre of Excellence to provide R&CA SME support to 1 & 2 Lines of Defense across DB.
- Provide SME input to R&CA Strategic tool development, testing and releases.
- Support the R&CA integration into ORM Capital Model.
- Design and execute assurance processes over R&CA Policy requirements.
The role will be based in London & will require working with ORM teams in UK, Germany, APAC and US, as well as 1LoD teams globally.
You will have:
- Experience in Operational Risk Management Framework, specifically R&CA / RCSA, concept, design, development, enhancement, implementation, oversight and assurance
- Operational Risk Management Framework design and implementation experience in top tier financial services organisation
- Experience in project management and change management
- Proven strong influencing and stakeholder management skills with senior levels (MD’s and D’s).
- Experience with developing and implementing assurance methodology for Operational Risk Management Framework requirements
- Experience in solving complex R&CA reporting requirements, including vertical aggregation, horizontal ‘Front to Back’ / ‘end to end’ mapping, Region, Country, Legal Entity, Risk Type and Control Type
- Appreciation of the regulatory environment in EMEA, UK, US and APAC and the lead regulator perspectives on Operational Risk
- Understanding of AMA requirements for Operational Risk Management
- Experience developing and implementing inherent and residual risk scoring and aggregation methodologies
- Experience developing, facilitating or conducting independent 2LoD R&CA challenge / validation process
- Experience with establishing and maintaining R&CA taxonomies and libraries, including process, risk, control, cause and risk drivers
You will be:
- Confident and articulate with excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting to senior stakeholder audiences (MD’s and D’s) eg, Divisional Control Officers, Risk Type Owners
- Highly effective at influencing and relationship management to facilitate agreement on design
- Highly effective at time management, multi-tasking and prioritization in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Effective at operating professionally and maintaining focus under pressure
- Pro-active, self-motivated and results-focused
- Engaging and effective in dealing with difficult stakeholders who have conflicting interests
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's