VP - Valuation Specialist - Equities
|Job Title:||VP - Valuation Specialist - Equities|
|Salary:||£80000 - £125000 + bonus + bens|
|Contact Name:||Phillip Wood|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2017 18:29|
Global Valuations Group (GVG) is a centralised function within Finance responsible for the independent valuation of fair valued trading positions. There are teams based in London, New York and Asia. GVG comprises Core Rates, Flow Credit, Structured Credit, Equities, Emerging Markets, Commodities, Global Foreign Exchange as well as GVG Methodology and GVG Analytics and Reporting.
The Equities Independent Price Verification (IPV) team acts as a specialised control function, ensuring the trading portfolios in Global Equities are independently priced at fair value. In addition, GVG acts as an internal advisor and operates as a global centre of excellence for Finance on valuation risk and methodology, with teams based in London, New York, Hong Kong and Mumbai.
- Managing and reviewing the month end IPV process to ensure positions are marked correctly for Global Equities based in London
- Development and implementation of valuation / pricing adjustment and reserve methodologies
- Interaction with senior Front Office and Finance stakeholders in discussing IPV results and any valuation related issues
- Project work and management, as required, on new systems and functionality enhancements
- Improving efficiency by challenging and redesigning processes and procedures
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Prior experience in large financial institutions
- Previous experience in IPV, or another relevant role (Risk, Trading, Product Control, etc)
- A strong understanding of the valuation of Equities products or other, similar derivatives
- Good analytical skills to support valuation judgments
- Deep knowledge of Excel (i.e. VBA, pivots, macros, etc)
- Numerate, articulate and confident. Must be able to interact effectively with the trading staff and senior management. Good communication and organisational skills required
- Highly motivated and have demonstrated an ability to work in a team. They should be able to work effectively under pressure, multitask and take a proactive approach to all aspects of the role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's